Re: [802.3_100GCU] Successful May Interim

John,

Glad to hear that the meeting was successful.

Was there any consideration for listing the gauge of the wire for the 5m twinax copper cabling objective?

At the meeting in Singapore, there was a request during the straw poll to list the gauge of wiring and it did slightly alter the results of the poll. Even the presentation by Mark Gustlin at last week's meeting highlighted the importance of bend radius and diameter which can be directly related to the gauge of wire. Did the study group discuss the bend radius and diameter requirements? Is it fair to assume that the gauge of wire for the twinax copper cabling objective is the same used in the Singapore straw poll (24 AWG)? If 24 AWG is assumed, was there any information presented or provided to indicate that the cable would be able to meet the bend radius, diameter and weight requirements for the intended application?

If there is no information provided that indicates 24 AWG twinax copper cabling can meet the bend radius, diameter and weight requirements for inter-rack and intra-rack interconnect, then has the study group sufficiently responded to broad market potential?

Thanks,
Brad