From: John D'Ambrosia [mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 3:30 PM
To: STDS-802-3-100GCU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_100GCU] Teleconference Announcement

Dear Task Force Participants,

As indicated at the end of our meeting this week, at the next meeting we will be spending more time focusing on making decisions.  This will limit the amount of time for presentations.  Please note we will only be meeting for 2 days at the next interim (Thurs- Fri) – see http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e4y9n3wia6bed54a&llr=bqlaqkgab

In the interest of getting organized for this meeting, I will be hosting a conference call on Tuesday, November 29, 9am to 10:30am (Pacific) to discuss organization of project proposals.  Anticipated proposal topics include (but are not limited to)

·         Architecture

·         FEC / Encoding

·         MDI

·         The Channel

·         Signaling – NRZ / PAM-4 / Full duplex 8 lane

·         Test Specifications

As I said in the meeting – work on the standard doesn’t end with the meeting adjournment.  It is obvious that we will all need to do a lot of offline consensus building.  Given the limited amount of meeting time in January, priority will be given to multi-author presentations where offline consensus building is evident.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia