[802.3_100GCU] frequency analysis of the system

Hello all,

Please excuse my ignorance, I have just started trying to come up to speed on what this working group is doing. I have spent some time reading through presentations, and the e-mail reflector archive and I have a question about the assumptions in your analysis. I am sure that I just missed something, but I would really appreciate your help in understanding what is going on. I am a student (the .com e-mail is from an internship I am doing), so I am still trying to understand the basics of all of this.

Many of your simulations seem to be done at 12.9 GHz. I understand that this is the fundamental frequency of a 25.8GB data rate, but I would imagine that a significant amount of energy would need to be transmitted at higher frequency components to get decent bit resolution. Am I wrong? Is there something I am missing that makes higher frequencies insignificant?

Thank you all very much for your help. I really appreciate your input. If this is an inapropriate question to send to the reflector please let me know, again, I am brand new to this.

Regards,

Matt Severini