Re: [802.3_100GCU] [Fwd: Recommended channels to use]

mike,

All of the PAM4 channels assume FEC. That is the ones i say are definitely bad are definitely bad with FEC, all the ones i say are near the limit are only near the limit with FEC, of the 2 quaoted as good, one is good only with FEC the other is good even without FEC.

I could find no channels which looked near the limit for NRZ with FEC.
Maybe i could generate one or two.

charles

| Charles Moore | Avago Technologies
|       APD
|       charles.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
|       (970) 288-4561

Mike Dudek wrote:
You don't mention any channels that are near the limit with FEC.  As PAM4 is expected to have FEC all the time I'd have thought we'd need channels above and below the limit with FEC.

Looking at what you say about the channels for PAM-2 I see that we potentially have the same issue for those channels as well for use with FEC.

Mike Dudek QLogic Corporation
Senior Manager Signal Integrity
26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway
Aliso Viejo  CA 92656