[802.3_100GCU] Important - 8am Wed Start Time / EEE Discussion & Possible PAR / Objectives Change

All,

As discussed at the May meeting I have submitted comments against D1.0 in relation to EEE support for 100GBASE-CR10, 40GBASE-CR4, and 40GBASE-KR4.  The presentation I gave today (http://www.ieee802.org/3/bj/public/jul12/dambrosia_01_0712.pdf)  highlighted what the Task Force would need to do to move forward and provided some suggested text.  This includes possible changes to the PAR, Objectives, and 5C, which would then need to get the appropriate approvals.

Given the significance of the issue, there is a desire to give the Task Force time for consensus building.  Therefore, the closure of these comments (288 & 289) will take place at the beginning of Wednesday morning after opening comments.

Please note that the Task Force will begin tomorrow morning at 8am.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bj 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Task Force