[802.3_100GCU] Preparations

All,

As you may be aware, there is a very serious storm bearing down on the Eastern seaboard of the US and my understanding is that it is supposed to hit tonight and go through Tuesday.  As I live in the storm path, I may have to deal with potential power / network outages over the new few days.

First, let me say for everyone who is in this area to prepare accordingly.

Next when submitting your comments, in addition to sending email to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx and Adam @ adam.healey@xxxxxxx – I would ask that you copy jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx as well.

I will plan on sending confirmation emails upon receipt of comments against D1.2 going forward from now.  If you do not see something from me by Wednesday by 5pm Eastern, please resend your initial email that includes the comments.

We will do our best to get through this with minimal disruption.  However, there have been multiple warnings regarding the potential for lost power.  So I ask everyone’s patience as we get through the next few days.

Once again, please take the necessary preparations if you have not done so yet, and keep yourself and those closest to you safe.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bj 100 Gb/s Backplane and Copper Cable Task Force