[802.3_100GCU] 802.3bj KP4 transmitter ad hoc minutes

The minutes from the 10 January 2013 meeting of the 802.3bj KP4 transmitter ad hoc are below.

Attendees:
Charles moore
Adam healey
Piers Dawe
Mellitz, Richard
Mohammad Kermani
 Raman
Ran, Adee
 Adam Healey
 Rick Rabinovich
Beth Kochuparambil
Vasu Parthasarathy
David Law
Wheling Cheng
 Lusted, Kent C
Matt Brown
[If I missed someone, please let me know]

Meeting Notes:
1:04pm Pacific, 1 January 2013 start

Link to patent notice displayed.  No response.

Agenda reviewed.  No response.

EEE definition for PMA
*       PMD is defined.
*       Matt to prepare slides for PMA operation

Transition times
*       Linear fit vs. isolated edge difference discussion highlighted in Clause 93
*       Consider measurement in frequency domain

Tap State machine
*       Change would make Cl 94 machine different from cl 93 (and 802.3ap/ba)
*       Add comment #16 reference

ALERT clarifications
*       2 comments are obvious changes based on Draft 1.3 changes
*       2 comments for investigation by Kent

p(k) value for TX BW
*       Comment 268 is a cross reference
*       Comment 229.  likely implementation will have PAM2 and PAM4 together.  Suggest considering peak p(k) for PAM2 case
*       Adam to provide input on #229

TX jitter bandwidth
*       Discussion in RX interference tolerance test ad hoc
*       Comment #133 is TX
*       Comment #140 is RX
*       Coordination of defining the test with the RX interference tolerance ad hoc.

1:54pm Pacific, 1 January 2013 end