[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Next Generation 100GbE Optics - Update

Hello and Welcome to the Next Generation 100GbE Optical Reflector!

To give you an update on where the CFI (Study Group Leadership) Team is going, and how we wish to move forward, I am including the following;

1)      Organization & Planning

2)      Call for Presentations

3)      Schedule for September Meeting

Organization and Planning;

As we have discussed the following team members have offered to take key positions in the operation of this Study Group.

-          Pete Anslow (Single Mode Optics)

-          Jonathan King (Multi Mode Optics)

-          Ryan Latchman (Electrical Interfaces)

-          Kapil Shrikhande (Acting Vice-Chair)

We have the website up and running. ( http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/index.html )

Call for Presentations;

We are seeking presentations regarding the recommendations from our membership on the key areas of study that will be necessary to set our objectives, 5 criteria, and ultimately generate a Project Authorization Request (PAR).

If you have a proposal for presentation, I would like to request that you contact me or any member of the team with your proposal.

Our plan is to structure the presentations within the Study Group based upon the following areas and order;

a)      Group Operations & Requirements

b)      Multi Mode Objectives

c)       Single Mode Objectives

d)      Electrical Objectives

A detailed description of the procedure for presenters can be found at the following address. ( http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/public/presentproc.html )

Schedule for September Meeting;

The September interim meeting will be held in Chicago at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza. Please check the website (LINK) for schedule information and to register and secure your hotel room.

The Next Generation 100GbE Optical Ethernet Study Group meets on Wednesday and Thursday from 8am to 5pm. We plan a P802.3bj/100G Optical SG Joint Session from 5:00 - 6:30 pm on Wednesday (14 Sept) to provide an opportunity to work together and ensure alignment between the two projects. Room location is to be determined. Your attendance would be appreciated.

If you have any suggestions on other organizational approaches, or wish to contact me directly, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Dan Dove (Acting Chair)

Principal Engineer, LAN PHY Technology

HP Networking (EVPG)