[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Reminder: Call For Presentations

Dear Study Group Participants,

A reminder:

·         Friday, October 28th at 11:59pm PDT is our deadline for receiving your request for presentation time.

·         Tuesday, November 1st at 11:59pm PDT is our deadline for receiving your presentation in PDF format.

Call for Presentations:

During our wrap-up, I mentioned the need to begin work immediately on key areas to be addressed. Specifically, I provided the following;

• System PCA Reach Requirements
• Connector/MSA implications on link budget
• Un-retimed, Retimed, Both
• Multi-Mode Solution (customer requirements vs technical cost/complexity)
• Alternative Single-Mode technology (performance/cost /power/density)
• Liaisons (IC for OIF)(ITU)
• FEC (Optional, Required) (Compatibility with 802.3bj)
• Equalization
• Compatible Interface with p802.3bj

Please consider how you may contribute to the Study Group effort on one or more of these areas. If you can coordinate with others to produce a joint presentation, this would also be very helpful. Our November Plenary is likely to be a very busy meeting, so focus is very important.

As a reminder, I will emphasize that presentations should be focused on identifying an objective for the Study Group, and justifying it.

If your presentation addresses a common-interest between p802.3bj and this Study Group, please send a copy of your request for time to John D'Ambrosia.

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair, Next Generation 100Gb/s Optical Ethernet Study Group
PS: Please note the new email address. (Sorry for the thrash…)
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information
that is confidential and proprietary to AppliedMicro Corporation or its subsidiaries.
It is to be used solely for the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship.
All unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail