Re: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] 802.3bj Auto-negotiation consensus building

Anthony,

I don’t know whether your post was intended for the reflector or not. However, you raised an important point:

There may be scenarios where certain links are short and others are long, so the FEC could be turned off on the shorter links to save power.

I agree with that, however this could be built into the startup behavior. What we need to know is whether there is a requirement to turn on/off FEC for a link that is already running.

Hugh.