[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Reminder: Call for Presentations (Deadline Friday 13th)

Hi,

If you are planning a presentation for the January interim, and have not requested time, please review below.

Note: Priority will be given to presentations with joint authorship (consensus proposals) and focused on establishing objectives and 5 criteria responses.

January is our last opportunity to move to Task Force in March. Please plan to use laser-sharp focus on objectives and 5C.

Best Regards,

Dan
----------------
Study Group Participants,

For those who had the opportunity to relax and enjoy the holidays, welcome back.

The Next Generation 100 Gb/s Optical Ethernet Study Group will be meeting on Tues & Wed (Jan 24 – 25) at the IEEE 802.3 January 2012 Interim in Newport Beach, CA, USA.  The IEEE P802.3bj Task Force will be meeting on Thurs & Fri (Jan 26 – 27) with a hard stop on Friday at 5pm. Given the technical interaction between groups, I plan to place any material that is related to the two groups on Wed, Jan 24.  Materials in the IEEE P802.3bj Task Force related to both groups will be heard on Thursday, Jan 26.  However, please note that motions for the IEEE P802.3bj Task Force will be scheduled for Friday, Jan 27th.

Registration and meeting details may be found at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e4y9n3wia6bed54a&llr=bqlaqkgab

A reminder:

         Friday, January 13th at 11:59pm (AOE) is our deadline for receiving your request for presentation time. Earlier requests are appreciated.

         Tuesday, January  17th at 11:59pm (AOE) is our deadline for receiving your presentation in PDF format.

Call for Presentations:

Please see our procedures: http://www.ieee802.org/3/100GNGOPTX/public/presentproc.html which provide details on how to request time.

Please consider how you may contribute to the Study Group effort to define our project objectives. If you can coordinate with others to produce a joint presentation, this would also be very helpful. Our January Interim is likely to be a very busy meeting, so focus is very important.

As a reminder, I will emphasize that presentations should be focused on identifying an objective for the Study Group, and justifying it.

The goal of our January meeting should be to identify and establish some of the more challenging objectives that have been discussed in prior meetings.

For example, Pete Anslow's November Presentation on Objectives illustrates what we need to do.

In addition, we need to begin work on the PAR and 5 Criteria presentations for SG review and approval if we intend to request project approval in March. I believe it would be best to prepare for that, and if we determine that more time is necessary to solidify our objectives, we will have that work ready.

If your presentation addresses a common-interest between p802.3bj and this Study Group, please send a copy of your request for time to both John D'Ambrosia and me.

Thank you for participating.

Regards,

Dan Dove