[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Cost Discussions - IEEE Outside Legal Counsel To Present in Minneapolis

All, As some of you may be aware, there have been a number of questions in the IEEE 802.3 Next Generation 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Optical Ethernet Study Group with respect to what is permitted during cost discussions.

Since we are co-locating our meetings in Minneapolis in May, David Law has taken the opportunity to ask the IEEE-SA to have IEEE-SA outside legal counsel, Michael Lindsay, provide an overview of the IEEE-SA cost discussion guidelines found in the IEEE-SA Anti-Trust guidelines and then provide time for a Q&A session.

Michael is partner at the legal firm of Dorsey & Whitney, located at their offices in Minneapolis, was involved in the writing the IEEE-SA guidelines, and expert in the area of anti-trust. Based on initial discussion I'm proposing having the session from 11:00AM to Noon on Wednesday 16th May.

While this session will be part of the IEEE 802.3 Next Generation 40Gb/s and 100Gb/s Optical Ethernet Study Group meeting, we are opening this up to other groups and hoping they will come to hear Michael and enjoy a Q&A on this challenging subject.

Regards,
Dan Dove