[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Fwd: [802.3_100GCU] Important - IEEE User ID / Passwords

Dear Task Force Participants,

I have received the following message below and am forwarding on to you.  While no specific guidance has been provided at this time, I suggest it would be prudent to change your IEEE login password.

Regards,

Dan Dove
Chair, 40 Gb/s and 100 Gb/s Fiber Optic Task Force

http://www.ieee.org/about/news/2012/25september_2_2012.html

News releases

IEEE Statement on Security Incident

25 September 2012 -- IEEE has become aware of an incident regarding inadvertent access to unencrypted log files containing user IDs and passwords. We have conducted a thorough investigation and the issue has been addressed and resolved. We are in the process of notifying those who may have been affected.

IEEE takes safeguarding the private information of our members and customers very seriously. We regret the occurrence of this incident and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Contact

Francine Tardo

1 732 465 5865

f.tardo@xxxxxxxx