Re: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] MMF ad hoc - 20th June 2013 9am to 10.30 am Pacific - agenda

Title: RE: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] MMF ad hoc - 20th June 2013 9am to 10.30 am Pacific - agenda

Hello Pier

Regarding your question on my statement of ?scaling Pmn with Q?.

The only data I found was Figure 9.11, page 328, in?Gigabit Ethernet Networking? by David Cunningham & William Lane.

I went back and checked my analysis and found my statement to be a little sloppy.  Fortunately, I didn?t say that Pmn scales linearly.

From Figure 9.11, I measured the gap between the two lines for various BER levels and found that gap to be fairly linear with respect to the Log(10) of the BER and with Q^2.

Thanks for noticing.

John