[802.3_100GNGOPTX] Call for Support - Consensus Presentation

Dear Participants,

To address concerns raised in our July meeting (and in the 802.3 plenary) about the state of our project documents relative to our draft, I formed a "Consensus Ad hoc" and produced a presentation intending to address the need to ensure our project documentation accurately and clearly reflects the work of the Task Force.

This presentation < http://www.ieee802.org/3/bm/public/consensadhoc/meetings/jul25_13/dove_01_0713_cons.pdf > was posted, presented in the ad hoc on July 20th, and this morning we went back over it to ensure that adequate review and consideration has been provided.

I gave an opportunity within the ad hoc for other presentations to be brought in and for comments to be addressed to the presentation. No presentations were submitted, and comments were discussed but no changes to the presentation are proposed.

At this point, I intend to bring this presentation into the Task Force in September and will bring a motion to adopt the proposed changes to our project documents. I would appreciate the support of any person who wishes to have their name added to a supporter's page. If you wish to have your name included, please send me a reply to this email including your name/employer/<affiliation if different>.

Thank you,
--
Dan Dove
Applied Micro