[802.3_100GNGOPTX] can I assume that the 802.3bm only run between two optic modules?

Dear all:

I am reading both 802.3bj and bm's meeting materials, and I think I got some idea of the overall architecture and relation ship between 802.3 bm and bj. If an ASIC need to drive a optic module, then it first need to encode its data with 802.3 bj PCS and FEC, and pump these data through an HSS that compliant to 802.3 bj.

These data will run though a PCB trace, and then reach the optic module, in which they are recovered by an retimer IC, and then they will be encoded again in PCS and FEC of 802.3bm, and then these encoded data will be modulated on to laser and transmitted on the fiber.

Am I right?