From: Mike Dudek [mailto:mike.dudek@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:41 PM
To: John Petrilla; Jonathan King; STDS-802-3-100GNGOPTX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; a_flatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Abbott, John S Dr; Amezcua, A. (Adrian); Andy Moorwood; Anslow, Peter; Anthony Torza; Bernstein, Gary; Ephrem Wu; Gary Nicholl (gnicholl); Harry Fu; Jack Jewell; Jeffery Maki; Keith Nellis; Kolesar, Paul; Lian Zhao; Martin Gilpatric; Phil.McClay@xxxxxx; Mike Peng Li; mnowell@xxxxxxxxx; Oren Sela; Patrick Decker; Rabinovich, Rick (Rick); Rick.Pimpinella@xxxxxxxxxxx; Robert Coenen; ryan.latchman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Scott Kipp; Shmuel Levy; Swanson, Steven E; Tracy, Nathan L; Vipul Bhatt
Subject: RE: [802.3_100GNGOPTX] MMF ad hoc - 16th Jan 2014 8am-10am (pacific) meeting details

Thanks John this is very helpful.

I think what it?s saying is the BLW, MPN, and Pmpn, and Rx degradation have different effects depending on whether the Transmitter has fast risetime and a lot of RIN, or Slow risetimes and less RIN.  The  BLW, MPN, and Pmpn are part of the ?additional margin needed above TDP?.  We?d have to use the worst case for these.  The Rx degradation effect should be taken into account with the stressed receiver sensitivity test provided we create the worst case test.  (If the Rx degradation is larger then its sensitivity has be better to still pass stressed sensitivity.

Note this analysis doesn?t explain how VECP would create a more correlated result.  None of these effects would be in the VECP measurement.

Mike Dudek

QLogic Corporation

Senior Manager Signal Integrity

26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway