[802.3_100G-OPTX] IEEE 100G Lambda Study Group January meeting announcement and call for presentations

Dear Colleagues,

This is a meeting announcement for the first meeting of the 100 Gb/s per lane optical PHYs Study Group.  The meetings will be held during the 802.3 Interim meeting week in Long Beach, CA, the week of Jan 14th-18th, 2019

Meeting details may be found at http://ieee802.org/3/interims/jan19/index.html

The Study Group will be meeting on the full day Wednesday January 16th with an 8am start

With this being a Study Group meeting, our goals are to develop and prepare our Project Authorization Request (PAR) which will require adoption of objectives and adoption of responses for the Criteria for Standards Development (CSD).  I’d therefore like to strongly encourage any presentations to focus on any and all of the goals of the Study Group.

Please note that ad hoc meetings have been announced on Dec 13th, Dec 20th and Jan 9th, to allow anyone to preview any presentations ahead of January and to gather feedback and build consensus.   For details see:  http://www.ieee802.org/3/100G_OPTX/public/adhoc/

Requests for presentation time shall be made to me at mnowell@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by EOD Friday, Jan 4th 2019.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy by Tues, Jan 8th, 2019.

Regards,

Mark Nowell

Acting Study Group Chair