[802.3_100G-OPTX] Approval of P802.3cu

Dear Colleagues,

I’d like to let you know that the P802.3cu Task Force has been approved by the IEEE-SA.

We will have our first face-to-face meeting at the May interim meeting during the week on May 20th.  More details on our specific meeting dates will follow once we know the schedule. For interim meeting details see here:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/index.html

I’d like to announce the chartering of our Task Force ad hoc group.  The charter of the IEEE 802.3cu Ad hoc is to discuss topics and provide contributions towards helping the Task Force with its decisions.

I’d like to announce a biweekly series of ad hoc meeting dates on Wednesdays 4/17, 5/1, and 5/15 @ 8am PT.   Call for presentations will be sent out before each meeting but generally presentation request deadlines will be the Monday before the meeting.  Invitations and Webex details will be sent out to the reflector soon.

Our new Task Force webpage will be updated shortly and I’ll announce when it is ready.

Finally, thanks to everyone who participated in the Study Group.  Looking forward to making some good progress in the new Task Force.

Regards,

Mark (acting TF chair)