RE: [10GBASE-T] question about the complexity reduction of MIMO

Bill,

	On Page 20 of your January tutorial presentation, you show that the
DSP complexity of the receiver in your proposal will be >40X the DSP
complexity of 1000BASE-T receivers in the market, assuming scalar
operations. It would be very difficult to justify the technical feasibility
of your proposal on this basis.

	On Page 25, you are claiming that there are MIMO realizations
possible that would render the complexity of the Matrix-Vector
multiplication (with a 4X4 matrix, and a 4X1 vector) needed for your
receiver to be equal to 1.5X that of a 1000BASE-T scalar operation, and
therefore the DSP complexity of your receiver is only 6X that of commercial
1000BASE-T receivers. Aside from the matrix-scalar distinction, since the
4X1 vector in your receiver uses 4 10-level symbols ranging over [-9, +9]
and since the 1000BASE-T scalar uses 5-level symbols ranging over [-2, +2],
this appears too good to be true.

	Can you please clarify your claims?

Regards,
Sailesh.