[10GBT] 802.3an approval

Title: 802.3an approval

Dear Task Force members,

On June 7th, the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Review Committee (RevCom) recommended approval of IEEE P802.3an by the Standards Board.  This morning (June 8th), the Standards Board approved the publication of project 802.3an without opposition.  Upon publication, the amendment shall be known as IEEE Std. 802.3an™-2006.

I would like to extend my thanks to our editor, Sanjay Kasturia, and his editorial team, Mike McConnell, Eric Lynskey, Jose Tellado, Sandeep Gupta, Terry Cobb and Chris Diminico, for all their hard work and effort.  My thanks also to George Eisler for taking on the job as the task force's unofficial recording secretary.  And last but not least, I would also like to express my thanks to the members of the task force for their review of the draft, generation of comments and responses to those comments.

Hip-hip-hooray!

Thank you,
Brad

Brad Booth