Re: [8023-10GEPON] preparing for July meeting

>> In May we passed a motion saying that the first order of business
>> for July 10G EPON SG meeting should be technical presentations
>> regarding tech feasibility of 10Gb/s symmetric EPON with 29 dB
>> optical link budget, with consideration of throughput.

Why if both the 802.3ah and ITU PON standards require 20dB and 25dB (ITU
also has Class C which is 30dB) are we targeting 29dB specifically?

Are proposals/presentations welcome which only address 20dB or 25dB?

I would think it could be quite limiting if we exclude excellent
proposals which can't deliver 29dB but can deliver 20dB or 25dB.  This
will certainly affect any technical proposals offered.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Roger Merel