[8023-10GEPON] July presentation materials posted

Dear colleagues,

The presentation materials for 10GEPON July Study Group meeting were posted at http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GEPON_study/public/july06/index.html.  Agenda and schedule will be posted later.

Please, review the posted material ahead of time. Also, please review minutes of our May meeting (http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GEPON_study/public/may06/10gepon_minutes_0506.pdf), as we are to approve these minutes at our next meeting.

A special note to presenters:

A motion adopted at the last meeting calls for the following order of our July activities:

1.      Tuesday morning – discussion on backward compatibility/coexistence (unfinished business left from May).

2.      Tuesday afternoon – discussion on technical feasibility of 29 dB power budget (first order of new business according to the accepted motion).

3.      Full day Wednesday and Thursday morning – continue 29 db discussion (if needed) and any other topics (FEC options/ 64B/66B encoding, multiple PMD classes, etc).

I saw several presentations that combine compatibility (wavelength plan) and power budgets. I would like to ask presenters to split such presentations in several parts, so that each part can be presented and discussed in its relevant section.

When a presentation broken into several segments, please let me know how much time you¡¯d like for each segment.  We have plenty of discussion time in July, so please, make sure you request sufficient time for Q&A.  Please, respond quickly as I need this info before I can work out a reasonable schedule.

See you in San Diego soon,

Glen