Re: [8023-10GEPON] Presentation on FEC for 10G

Glen, Howard,

Wow, I didn't think there were such strong emotions around this topic! I
guess I've been out of the loop for too long.

I agree that this issue was handled differently with 1G EPON and can
certainly be handled in the same way. I was also not intending to impose
any particular solution on this group. Perhaps I could have chosen my
words better but my intention was to let folks know, that otherwise
might not be involved in other projects within 802.3, that there was
another project that could satisfy one of their concerns.

Since you haven't yet chosen solutions to the various problems, I was
under the impression that you might want to keep all of your options
open and that this was one some of you might not be aware of. If 802.3ar
does get killed, it is indeed true that this will remove one of the
options for solving this problem.

Regards,
Ben