[8023-10GEPON] September meeting overview

Dear colleagues,

The unapproved minutes from our September meting have been posted at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2006_09/3av_0609_minutes.pdf

A short update for those who have not attended the meeting:

We reviewed 15 presentations and had active discussions following many o
them. (All presentations are also posted).

We did not make any technical motions this time. Instead, we have formed two
ad hoc groups.

The first group, led by Marek Hajduczenia from Siemens, will investigate
technical feasibility and available options for high split ratios (1:64 and
1:128). Marek will report group findings to the entire task force at our
November meeting. If you are interested in participation in this group,
please, respond to Marek's earlier post on this reflector.

The second ad hoc group will focus on two questions: the wavelength
selection (aka coexistence options) and power budgets. The initial task of
this group is to survey multiple operators for their existing deployment
scenarios as well as future plans.

This activity is coordinated by Roger Merel of Luxtera.  Roger will post a
draft questionnaire shortly and will outline the plan for going forward.
Please, reply to Roger if you'd like to take part in this ad hoc.

Regards,
Glen