[8023-10GEPON] [ad hoc - higher split ratio] General reminder ...

Dear all
It has been some time since we started working on the ad-hoc topics related with the higher split ratio. This message is only a reminder that the November meeting is drawing closer and that we still have a number of sub-topics to cover.
So far I received participation requests from the following people:
1. Marek Hajduczenia, Siemens S.A., Portugal
 	marek.hajduczenia@siemens.com
2. Wael William Diab, Broadcom
	wdiab@broadcom.com
3. Piers Dawe, AvagoTech
	piers.dawe@avagotech.com
4. David Li,
Ligent Photonics, Inc.
	dli@ligentphotonics.com
5. Bin Yeong Yoon, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
	byyun@etri.re.kr
6. Tsutomu Tatasuta, NTT
	tatsuta@ansl.ntt.co.jp
7. Petre Popescu, Astar Original Design Silicon Manufacturer Inc.
	petre.popescu@astar-ic.com
8. Keiji Tanaka, KDDI labs
	kj-tanaka@kddilabs.jp
9. Glen Kramer, Teknovus Inc.
	glen.kramer@teknovus.com
10. Mitsunobu Kimura, Hitachi Communication Technologies, Ltd.
	mitsunobu.kimura.be@hitachi.com
11. Dongsoo Lee, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI)
	d-soolee@etri.re.kr
12. Haim Ben-Amram, PM Sierra
	Haim_Ben-Amram@pmc-sierra.com
13. Russell Davey, Optical Systems, BT
	russell.davey@bt.com
14. Frank Chang, Vitesse
	ychang@vitesse.com
15. Ken-Ichi Suzuki, NTT
	kenyichi@ansl.ntt.co.jp
16. Hiroshi Murata,
	hiroshi-murata@sei.co.jp
17. Akihiro Otaka, NTT Access Service Systems Labs
	ootaka@ansl.ntt.co.jp
Please let me know if there is any discrepancy in the above information.

The tasks identified as for now as follows:
- estimation of 1x64 and 1x128 port splitter power loss value, with respect to various manufacturing technologies - almost complete - needs verification only
	Participants: Marek Hajduczenia, Bin Yeong Yoon, Dongsoo Lee
- estimate the maximum launch power into fiber which can be achieved without introducing non-linear effects
- estimate the currently available transceiver technology (maximum launched power at Tx and sensitivity at Rx)
	Participants: Mitsunobu Kimura
- estimate the overall required system power budget for 1x64 and 1x128 port systems (various stage counts, based on results from the first  task)
- estimate the required power margin, based on a little survey margin service providers
- any other topics of interest that You may identify, subject to confirmation by the ad hoc ...

So far, I had no additional information about contributions of the remaining participants. I would appreciate if You could tell me what You will work on and what the deliverables are going to be.
Additionally, we need to consider preparation of some form of a presentation with the research results - are there any volunteers to accept this challenge? I will try to participate as much as I can in terms of preparation of the final presentation.

Looking forward to receiving any feedback from You

Marek Hajduczenia (141238)
(PhD Student - COM RD1)
SIEMENS Networks S.A. - IC
Rua Irmãos Siemens, 1