[8023-10GEPON] [Channel link model] IEEE P802.3av 10GEPON Task Force - Tools

Dear all,

Following the change in our wavelength allocation plan approved per comment
#2158 (see 3av_0809_comments_d2_0_accepted.pdf for details), we have a
change in the PR(X)10 and PR(X)20 downstream wavelength. For this end, I
updated the power budget examples, which were posted at item 1a on our tools
website at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/tools/index.html. The previous version
was superseded and is available at item 1b for comparison.

After introducing the new wavelength allocation scheme, marginal changes (on
the order of 0.02 - 0.04 dB, depending on the target reach) were observed in
the excess loss cell, indicating a negative effect of the introduced change
(decrease in the value of available excess loss). Please note that the
magnitude of the changes in the excess loss is marginal and does not affect
the overall feasibility of the power budgets under consideration.

In case of comments and suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pozdrawiam / Regards

Marek Hajduczenia