[8023-10GEPON] plan for comment resolution

Dear Task Force members,

The Task Force is currently meeting in New Orleans, LA. We have already resolved all submitted TRs and ERs and accepted no changes to the draft as a result of these comments.

We are currently reviewing a number of T and E comments made against D2.2. In TF's opinion, there is a small number of accurate and valid comments that suggest desirable changes to the draft. For example, in Clause 75, there are just 6 such technical changes. However, making these changes to the draft D2.2 will significantly impact our schedule (see slides 20-24 in 3av_0901_agenda.pdf).  Also, these changes are not critical, as supported by the fact that commenters chose to specify them as Ts, rather than TRs and voted APPROVE on the draft.

Consequently, after some discussion with several task force members and the 802.3 WG chair, I recommend the following course of action:

1)      We resolve each submitted comment
2)      At the end of the meeting we entertain a motion to reconsider all accepted and accepted-in-principle comments, with the intention of revisiting each comment, rejecting it, and having an editor resubmit it during the Sponsor Ballot.  The proposed resolution of the resubmitted comments shall use the exact text of previously accepted response, recorded in comment database.

Please, review this course of actions. We will further discuss it tomorrow morning.

Thank you,
Glen Kramer

Chair, IEEE 802.3av "10G-EPON" Task Force
glen.kramer@xxxxxxxx