Re: [8023-10GEPON] July meeting report

Hi Glen and all,

From my side, I would just like to say that it was a pleasure and a
privilege to be part of P802.3av project. I am really happy to see that at
the end of these three years we have achieved the goal, despite various ups
and downs we encountered on the way.

Congratulations to all.

Marek

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Kramer [mailto:glen.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 July 2009 23:30
To: STDS-802-3-10GEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [8023-10GEPON] July meeting report

Dear Colleagues,

The 802.3av task force July meeting minutes and all other meeting materials
have been uploaded to http://www.ieee802.org/3/av/public/2009_07/index.html.

We had a very short meeting, at which we passed a motion to ask the Working
Group Chair to take the necessary steps to submit draft IEEE 802.3av/D3.4 to
RevCom. This motion was unanimously approved by the task force. The 802.3
Working Group has approved this motion with a vote 89-yes, 0-no, 2-abstain.

David Law just informed me that the IEEE 802 Executive Committee has
authorized 802.3av submittal to RevCom by a unanimous vote as well. I expect
the RevCom will have the approval of IEEE Std. 802.3av on the agenda of its
September 9-11, 2009 meeting in Piscataway, NJ.

Please, note that 802.3av will not be meeting during the IEEE 802.3 interim
meeting in Chicago, IL, in September.

Sincerely,
Glen Kramer
Chair, IEEE 802.3av "10G-EPON" Task Force
glen.kramer@xxxxxxxx