Re: [10GMMF] channel ad hoc presentation

Title:

Dear Colleagues

As it has been some time since the Long Beach meeting, I would like to progress the activities of the channel model sub-task-force.

I have gradually received some responses to the email from Paul offering contributions to the channel model sub-task-force. These have been tabulated on the enclosed excel file which I will circulate tomorrow once I have received some clarification from some partners.

I would like to propose that, as agreed at the Long Beach meeting, we hold a teleconference call in the near future. I would like to suggest that this be held on 17 June at 5 pm UK time (noon, Eastern Timezone and 9 am Pacific Timezone). Would this be convenient? If I do not hear of major objections, I will seek to circulate dial-in numbers in the next day or so.

The aim of the telecom would be to agree leaders for each of the activities and discuss goals for the work prior to the Plenary meeting of the task group in July.

Since the Long Beach meeting, Cambridge has continued to receive requests for clarification of the scaling process that we use. We are therefore enclosing a further document which attempts to provide this clarification and also gives more information concerning the fibre profiles. We hope that this is helpful.

With best wishes

Ian White

Supplement to Release 1.0 140604.pdf