Re: [10GMMF] TP3 3-impulse test slides

Ben and others,
I am curious why the 3-impulse waveforms do not include a case where the impulse of maximal excitation changes position.  In all cases the side impulses remain below the center impulse.  The explanation may have something to do with the purpose of the test.  But I see no physical reason why the peak amplitude could not shift positions within the transmitted bit.

Regards,
Paul Kolesar
SYSTIMAX® SOLUTIONS
1300 East Lookout Drive
Richardson, TX 75082
Phone:  972.792.3155
Fax:      972.792.3111
eMail:   pkolesar@systimax.com

Bottacchi.external@INFINEON.COM
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-10gmmf@IEEE.ORG

09/08/2004 04:24 AM
Please respond to "IEEE P802.3aq 10GBASE-LRM"