Re: [10GMMF] Task 2 and 4 slides for meeting Dec15th - OM3 fibr e measurements

Jonathan,

I have one comment about your PIE-D calculation. In order to have
consistent results we must use exactly the same simulating conditions.
According to Sudeep suggestion, PIE-D due to fiber impairments should be
calculated assuming the following set-up:
1 -     Impulsive (Delta-like) PPG with PRBS pattern
2 -     Gaussian laser impulse response with 47.1ps rise time
3 -     Fourth order Bessel-Thompson filter in the receiver section.

This is the background test bed for PIE-D calculation. The impulse
response of the fiber link determines the PIE-D evaluated at the
receiver output. I have one warning about this test-bed. The background
PIE-D, meaning back-to-back assuming above set-up gives about 2.8dBo
PIE-D. Should this value accounted for complete channel PIE-D
characterization? I guess it should be. In this case we will never
acieve PIE-D less then the above background value. Of course, changing
laser rise time many different background PIE-D values would be
achievable, but it is essential we all agree on this test-bed otherwise
conclusions would not be comparable.

Best regards

Stefano