[10GMMF] Finite equalizer penalties and the TP3 sieve for IPRs

TP3'ers:

I have asked Piers to upload to the public area of the web a PDF file (157
KB unfortunately) detailing concerns I expressed at the microphone and over
coffee at the Vancouver meeting, following up on concerns I expressed on the
reflector in early December, about selecting IPRs in the sieve without
giving some consideration to effect of finite equalizer performance. We
still believe it is a legitimate question.

Some in Vancouver expressed interest in seeing more justification of these
concerns.  Here is something in that regard.  The document is a bit wordy,
but I think the words spell out the argument in sufficient detail so that it
is more than clear.

Robert

Robert Lingle, Jr
Fiber Design and Transmission Simulation
OFS R&D, Atlanta, GA