Re: [10GMMF] Agenda (draft) for March LRM

David,

Thanks for the clarification on the requirements that we must meet
before going to WG ballot - I was planning to ask this question at the
meeting so that I could make an informed vote on whether to go to WG
ballot. However, I remain puzzled by your explanation of "no open
technical issues." I firmly believe that there are several open
technical issues on this draft. To me, it almost seems like the ballot
conducted after the January meeting was not needed because you state
that "Given the unanimous vote to forward D1.1 to IEEE 802.3 for preview
I must manage the meeting to maximize the likelihood of achieving
Working Group Ballot." - it appears that we have already made a decision
to go to WG ballot. If it was a matter of waiting until the March
meeting for the vote, was there any need to generate a whole bunch of
comments to reject? I am not trying to be an obstructionist here but I
would like to better understand the process.

Why didn't we just go to WG ballot out of the January meeting? It
doesn't appear that we have made any significant changes to the previous
draft. There were no TBDs in D1.1 nor did we add any new functions that
I am aware of. It seems like all comments attempting to address the
"open technical issues" have been rejected. Maybe I am overreacting here
since the same comments will come in against the WG ballot but again, I
am confused by the process. Is the need to go to WG ballot a timeline
issue? Does it make sense to put in any comments prior to WG ballot?

I am sorry to hassle you about process but for some reason, something
just doesn't feel right to me.

Best regards,

Steve