[10GMMF] TP3 call: Meeting reminder April 12

Hello all,

This is a meeting announcement for the TP3 teleconference.

The next TP3 call will occur on Tuesday, April 12, 2005

9:00 am PDT, 12 Noon EDT, 17:00 UK, 18:00 Germany

United States toll-free dial in: 888-387-8686
International dial in: + 1 303-928-3281
"Conference Room" Number: 4703482

At last week's call, we agreed without dissent that the TP3 stressors will use delta-T of 0.75 UI with four taps as is already in the draft standard.  Thank you very much, everybody, for helping nail that down.

Many thanks to John Ewen who has published a table of candidate TP3 stressors.  This file is available on the reflector at <<http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GMMFSG/email/msg00767.html>>

Please take the time to examine and analyze these stressors.  This is very important!!!

Goals for the call:

1) Agree that the pool for TP3 stressors shall be defined as consisting of John's 66 unique stressors (when rounded to 3 decimal places, 64 when rounded to 2 decimal places) plus the three stressors already in the draft standard.

2) Eliminate any stressors which analysis shows are unusually easy or unusually difficult when compared to their peers.

3) Following the same motivation as the solicitation for suggested stress levels, seek input from EDC manufacturers, transceiver manufacturers, and others for specific stressors or ranges for stressors which are consistent with the goals of the standard.

We should strive to have a consensus set of stressors chosen before the April 19 call so that we can keep on track with the other tasks that flow from this decision.

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear you on Tuesday.

As a courtesy to others, you may wish to mute your telephone line while listening.
Here are the commands:

*6 Mutes line

*7 Un-mutes line

- Jim McVey