FW: PHYs with 10.000 and 9.584640

(see history on web at
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/email/thrd1.html)

We must remember that we passed an objective that says:
Select only one of 10.000 Gb/s or 9.58464 Gb/s to standardize as the MAC/PLS
data rate

I see nothing here that indicates any of the following:
1. Inability to have PHYs at multiple speeds.
2. Inability to have multi-speed PHYs.
3. Inability to have/support PHY level flow control.

I also see nothing in the meeting minutes that would indicate that this
objective intended to constrain anything more than the MAC/PLS interface
data rate.

jonathan

Note: I am intentionally leaving my personal opinion regarding preference
out.