RE: Proposal for accomodating 10.0000 and 9.58464 line rates

Buzz,

As long as standard concatenated payloads are used, there is no difference
in the cumulative payload rate between
an STS-192c, four STS-48c's muxed into an STS-192, sixteen STS-12c's muxed
into an STS-192, etc. The formula
for calculating the payload rate of an STS-Nc is:

			9x8x[(87xN) - (N/3)]/125E-06

For N=48, the payload rate is 2.396160 Gb/s, multiplied by four gives
9.584640 Gb/s. Perhaps you were thinking of
a non-standard approach?

...Dave

David W. Martin
Nortel Networks