RE: Short haul PMDs

Pat-

I would add to your point that much of the anecdotal conversation that I
have actaullay heard over the years since "z" has been that to NOT use CX
for short haul but rather use 1000BASE-T in that application space on the
assumption that 1000BASE-T was going to be a "volume" product where CX
presumably was not. I always assumed that folks were believing that
1000BASE-T would make significant volume in the 100m in-the-wall
application space. That is an assertion that has not been realized to date.

The cross effect of CX on 1000BASE-T and vice versa is something that
should be included in the conversation when/if we reopen the objectives for
short-haul and talk about broad market potential and economic feasibility.

Geoff