Clause 48 comments

Rich,

Just a few comments regarding clause 48. Sorry if these were
already brought up last week.

48.1.4 - page 128
  I thought clause 47 was for XAUI and this clause was for
  LAN WWDM. I'm confused by the statement on line 48 talking
  about this being a chip-to-chip interface.

48.1.6 - page 129, line 11
  Change "map onto to the" to "map onto the"

48.2.2 - page 131, line 54
  Change "PCS Receive process" to "PCS Deskew process"

48.2.4.3 - page 135, figure 48-5
  Under Code_Sel decodings, 0 should be used to indicate /K/

48.2.4.3.2 - page 135, line 46
  Change "initiator" to "transmitter"

48.2.4.3.3 - page 21, line 21
  Change "many" to "may"

General
  Change "single-code groups" to "single-code code-groups"

48.2.5.1.3
  - rx_even=TRUE for both cgbad and cggood makes me think
    this hasn't been updated yet from clause 36
  - rx_code-group - line 22 - Change "all three lanes" to
    "all four lanes"

48.2.5.2.1
  Page 141, figure 48-6 - If /T/ is lost, the next packet
    is also lost. Should there be some detection of /I/ that
    returns the machine to XGMII_IPG?
  Page 142, figure 48-7 - Should this state machine describe
    how to pad octets after /T/ with /K/?
  Page 143, line 3 - Reference to Figure 48-5 should be Figure
    48-8

48.2.5.2.2 - page 143, line 25
  Reference to Figure 48-8 should be Figure 48-9

48.2.5.2.3 - page 143, lines 45-49
  This, also, looks like Clause 36 stuff.

48.3.2 - page 149, line 32
  The note references clauses 38 & 39. This should be
  clause 54 (I think).

48.3.2.3 - page 150
  I would have expected some discussion of comma alignment
  in this section. Is this done somewhere else?

48.3.4 - page 150, lines 42
  Do you expect this reference to Annex 36A for test patterns
  to change or will Annex 36A change to reflect that these
  test patterns also support 10GBASE-X (and XAUI?)?

Ben

--
Benjamin Brown
AMCC