RE: Question? 1300nm WWDM channel width

Eric,

Having surveyed the temperature dependence, not only of our lasers, but also
lasers from other vendors, a more reasonable number is 0.08 nm/degreeC,
rather then the 0.1 nm/degree number that you quoted.  In addition, with a 0
to 70 degree ambient temperature requirement, there is no reason why the
laser junction should see a 100 degree temperature range.  Of course this is
implementation dependent, but it is difficult to imagine much more than an
80 degree variation.  This would use up 6.4 nm of the 11.4 nm window,
leaving another 5 nm for tolerance.  Most laser vendors are comfortable with
a +/- 2.5 nm specification.

Best Regards,

Brian

Brian E. Lemoff, Ph.D.