Re: Link Status encodings

Rich,

Pulse ordered sets - is semantically extremely confusing.
I would prefer the simpler  LS : Link status

You mention a desire to keep the running disparity of the D octets
in the K/D/D/D  0. If we make sure that the LS code is inserted
prior to  XAUI encoding and deleted after XAUI decoding,
running disparity shouldn't be a problem, right?

You also mention a new ordered set K28.6/D/D/D and its translation into
0x0101 for 64/66. Was this proposed in the November plenary?

regards
Birdy