RE: More comments (clauses 49 & 46)

David,

The plan that was agreed to last week was for the RS to not check outside
the packet for errors. The PCS sublayers and if present the XGXS would be
responsible for doing the checks that are necessary after the end delimiter
to preserve error robustness and converting any such error detected to an
error in the frame.

Therefore, if the XGMII passes a frame that ends something like:

   DDTI
   IIII
   EEEE
   EEEE

which is what could happen in the case you mention, then the
RS will send the frame to the MAC without any error indication.
If a 10GBASE-R PCS receives:
  DDTIIIII
  EEEEEEEE
it needs to turn that into something with an error before the
end of frame. Similar rules apply for a 10GBASE-X PCS that
receives a frame with an error in the column after the T.

Regards,
Pat