Re: Standard Test Waveforms

Goeff, thanks for your input.  I was thinking more in line of a data file
that would represent a typical 64b66b/WIS encoded frame. Such a "standard"
frame would go a long way to  insure that implementers  have interpreted the
spec correctly, at least with respect to the WAN PHY encoding process, from
data in at the XGMII interface to encoded data out of the WIS Frame
Generator.

Regards,

Larry

Geoff Thompson wrote:

> Larry-
>
> Portions of the existing 802.3 Standard that are intended to be used in
> machine readable form as opposed to human readable are already handled by
> posting on the 802.3 website.
>
> To date this includes:
>          802.3ad SNMP MIB
>          802.3ab Waveform
>          802.3ab MathCad code
> I don't see any new issues here.
>
> Geoff
>
> At 12:03 PM 12/6/00 -0800, Larry Rennie wrote:
> >On other standard efforts I have worked on (specifically, fed-std-1045)
> >a CD containing typical waveforms for use by all developers was made
> >available by NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).  For
> >IEEE 802.3ae, these waveforms would correspond to, for example, a bit
> >pattern representing a typical WIS frame output.  Is this something that
> >the IEEE would consider doing? The CD provided by NIST was a great help
> >in debugging design implementations and in ensuring interoperability
> >between designs from different manufacturers.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Larry R.

begin:vcard
n:Rennie;Lawrence
tel;fax:818 880 5193
tel;work:818 880 2720
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:National Semiconductor Corporation;Networks Product Group
version:2.1
email;internet:larry.rennie@xxxxxxx
title:Principal Engineer-Enginering Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Lawrence  Rennie
end:vcard