Re: [802.3ae] XSBI vs XAUI

Olivier,

>From a specification perspective, the XGMII and XSBI are of equivalent
reach due to skew and timing considerations. XAUI is essentially
attenuation limited and not skew or timing limited. Therefore, XSBI is
not a practical extender for the XGMII.

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.                     Intel Corporation
XAUI Sherpa                    Intel Communications Group
3101 Jay Street, Suite 110    Optical Strategic Marketing
Santa Clara, CA 95054           Santa Clara Design Center
408-496-3423                                     JAY1-101
Cell: 408-832-3957          mailto:rich.taborek@xxxxxxxxx
Fax: 408-486-9783                    http://www.intel.com