Subject: [802.3ae] Tomorrow's 802.3ae meeting

Bob,

Thanks for this note. I would like to make a single clarification in two parts:

1. Any change to D4.3 (including small editorial changes) will cause us to circulate a D4.4 package and presubmit D4.4 to REVCOM. Any new negatives that are not withdrawn will also cause a D4.4 recirculation.

2. If there is even one proposed substantive change, we fall into a different level of the decision tree:

2a. If there is not sufficient representation at the meeting to make it clear that the proposed change represents the intent and will of the Task Force at large, it is unlikely that we will have a D4.4 recirculation until after the July plenary meeting.

2b. If there is sufficient representation at the meeting to make it clear that the proposed change represents the intent and will of the Task Force at large, we will recirculate a D4.4. But, if there is any reasonable risk that a change will result in a negative ballot against D4.4, we should chose to not presubmit to the June standards board (i.e. delay approval till September).

jonathan