[802.3ae] Completion of P802.3ae

Colleagues:

I want to thank all who contributed to the work of the task force and
congratulate you all for a job well done.  The P802.3ae Task Force made its
final report at the opening IEEE 802.3 plenary meeting on Monday, 8 July
2002 and recognized many individual contributors to the development of the
standard.  I add my sincere thanks to the officers, editors, contributors
and reviewers that drove P802.3ae to completion.  IEEE Std 802.3ae-2002 will
be published shortly.

The experts from our industry who take the time to develop proposals, write
the standard, and those that analyze, simulate, implement, test and critique
the specifications all add to the process.  It is with this co-operative
effort that IEEE 802.3 develops quality standards.  On behalf of the IEEE
802.3 Working Group, may I convey to the P802.3ae Task Force congratulations
on a job well done.

With the completion of the project, the purpose of this reflector is also
fulfilled.  This reflector will be shut down soon.  Also, P802.3 will be
moved from the list of active projects to the archive section of the 802.3
home web page.

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Working Group

Intel, EC2-101