Copper Ad Hoc Conference Call

Conference Call Details:

Dial In Number: 800-486-2460

 Participants Code: 223991

Start Time: Friday June 25 @ 10 AM -12  (PST) - 1 PM - 3 PM (EST)

Presentations should be submitted to the copper ad hoc reflector by close of business Thursday (June 24th) to be discussed on Friday (June 25th) during the con-call.

Chris Di Minico
CDT Corporation
Phone: 1-800-422-9961
   Fax:   1-978-537-4358
e-mail: cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Straw Proposal: Call For Presentations In Preparation for Montreal:

We should be prepared to support the copper objective with presentations that address at least two of the five criteria used to characterize 802.3 technology.

  1. Market potential
  2. Technically feasibility

The technical feasibility should address the following elements of a technical specification for each different media type.

PMD/(PHY)

electrical signaling

MDI

connector specification

Media

cabling specification , distance supported

This is a call for ad hoc members to provide presentation materials (or an abstract for presentations in Montreal) in support of the stated objectives that covers the market potential and technical feasibility for each media type.

 Presentations should be submitted to the copper ad hoc reflector by close of business Thursday (June 24th) to be discussed on Friday (June 25th) during a con-call scheduled between 10 AM – 2 PM (PST). Con-Call details to follow:

I have ad hoc members prepared with presentations for Category 6 specifications.

OBJECTIVES:

  1. The copper ad hoc membership (those who raised their hands in Idaho) support the following objectives for higher speed copper.