November Meeting Plan

Hi All,

During the July Plenary, we came very close to getting Short-Haul Copper
listed as an objective for 10Gigabit Ethernet. It is my opinion that we
might have been able to succeed with just a little more focus on
the market requirements and technical feasibility. There are some in the
committee that don't believe copper is necessary, and others that think
it would bog down the standard development. I think we should work to
allay those concerns and create concensus for a 10 Gig, short-haul copper
solution.

I would like to bring in a 15 minute presentation to discuss the market
need for short-haul copper links at 10Gigabits, and believe that we could
use some technical presentations on connector/cable and signaling
solutions.

The most appealing solution to me would be the most straight-forward.

Are there any others who would like to present on this subject at the
November meeting? If so, please contact Jonathan to schedule your
presentation and contact me via the reflector, or my contact information
below if you would like to coordinate our presentations.

Regards,

Dan Dove
_________    _/    ___________  Daniel Dove         Principal Engineer __
_______     _/        ________  dan_dove@xxxxxx     LAN PHY Technology __