Re: Estimating the magnitude of PMD

Vipul,

My experience with PMD is limited and I rarely work with it.  Your
question on the magnitude would be best answered by some of the folks
who do PMD for a living.

A note on Johathon's comment.  I don't believe that PMD should be
accounted for like DCD.  The PMD will be convolved with the rest of the
link distortion and will simply (if anything about PMD is simple!) lead
to additional broadening.  It will add into the ISI rather than decrease
the bit interval.

Gair

--
Naval Surface Warfare Center