FW: proposed experiment, invitation for volunteers

Dear colleagues,

FYI. I have received responses from three members volunteering to conduct
MMF related experiments.

Oscar Agazzi (Broadcom)
Tom Lenosky (Finisar)
Jeff Saunders (Lucent)

In addition, two members have volunteered to help with the signal
processing (data analysis) part of this experiment:

Abhijit Phanse (National)
Kishore Kota (Cicada)

On my request, Mike Hackert is working towards obtaining samples of
DMD-challenged fiber for distribution to the first group of volunteers
listed above.

I hope you have read the Agazzi-Lenosky document. Using it as an agreed
upon procedure, the volunteers are about to get very busy in December.
After January 10, we may have time to argue the best method of processing
the collected data - but it will be too late to propose a different
theoretical basis or the method of collecting data.

Regards,
Vipul

vipul.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx
(408)542-4113